Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Reason to Blog

Today I spent sometime doing some blogging maintenance and I discovered that I originally created this blog in 2008. As of today I only have 4 posts up. There is a very good reason for that. I really didn't know what I wanted to write about and so I would write up a post about something that I thought was relevant. After looking at it for a couple of days I would decide that I didn't like what I wrote and I would then delete the post. I did that at least a couple of times a month. It wasn't until I was fired from my youth pastor position that I actually discovered a purpose for this blog.

I was hurt, angry, depressed, scared and left wondering if I was flawed or the church. As I personally processed my emotions and thoughts along with Scripture I began to realize that I had gone through an experience that needed to be shared. I am not going to publicly share the details of what happened, but I want fellow youth pastors to be able to read a little of my experience. Because for anyone who serves in ministry there is the potential to be hurt by the church. Unfortunately there are many people who have rejected their faith in Jesus because of being hurt by the church emotionally and sometimes physically.

"Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Hebrews 4:14-16

If you have stumbled across my blog I ask that you don't take comfort in my experience or words, but draw close to Jesus who sympathizes with all of our weaknesses. Turn to Jesus accept the grace and mercy He offers through His death and resurrection. He loves you and through His sacrifice you can be made whole.

No comments: