The job hunt continues. I am still searching online for ministry positions, but as I look at the church websites I cannot help to think about what happened to me in the past. Will it happen again in the future? Why are these churches looking for a new youth pastor? Is there another youth pastor out there who has gone through a tough ordeal with the leadership of their church? As I pray to seek God's will for my immediate future, I also pray for those in ministry who are hurting. If you are reading this I ask you to keep those you know who serve your church in prayer. In addition to prayer be an encourager and a cheerleader. Trust me, an encouraging note or email really goes a long way. It is easy to forget that people are not only hurt by big events in life, but also by some of the consistent things too. I can tell you from first hand experience as a youth pastor that each and every day I was constantly concerned with the needs of my students on top of the time preparing for Bible studies and planning events and trips. Now imagine a senior pastor who has a family and is constantly dealing with funerals, weddings and other needs of the church on top of preparing sermons and Bible studies.
Exodus 17:10-13
No comments:
Post a Comment